Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hello and shalom world,

I’m Gila. I’m an Israeli Landscape architect. I finished my B.Landscape arch degree two years ago. Since then I have managed to keep myself busy, for example, I worked in three landscape design offices, lived in a Bauhaus building in Tel Aviv, started learning illustration, made a children’s book, started building websites and the list goes on.

I moved to Boston about a month ago and I’m looking for a job. I decided that until I find the desired job, and hopefully even after that, I want to start my own web design lab – called WEB(in)SITES. It’s going to be a virtual lab. The lab’s space is here, within this Blog. The lab’s staff is me, myself and my founders - those small green papers I have brought from Israel which hopefully won’t run out by the time I find that job.

As part of my work at the lab I will study issues that are related to spaces both virtual and physical, information design, cognitive visualization, reality and fiction, globalization vs. localization, interfaces, games and much more.

This is a new experience for me, exploring things that interest me and are part of my day to day life, with the ability to spread out as far as my interests go.

I’m hoping that the audience (which is you…btw) will be willing to join my research by writing comments and personal ideas about the topics I’ll be exploring.

Bon voyage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are mistaken. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM.